View Single Post
      05-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #730
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Nice...you are knocking it out of the park. Not having done them in awhile, and you're using 350lbs is impressive! Those aren't something you just jump back into.....so it shows just how strong you are. There is a lot more involved in just legs, so that is crazy!

We got this new squat machine that I used this morning after back squats. I need to look at the name of it again. Basically it has a belt that you hook up to a cable on the platform. You load the backside up with plates, then squat down on the platform, hook up the cable, standup, and release the guides.

Then you have handles you can hold onto, and go as low and as far backwards as you want without worrying about balance.

I just used 3 plates on each side, but man what a stretch. Feels like it's peeling your quads off. Plus I can see a lot of variations you could do to hit hamstrings and glutes.

But you work it to failure as you have to be at the bottom to get unhooked. Still trying to decide if I like it....or just outside my comfort zone and I need to suck it up!
Thanks Rmtt, yeah I was definitely happy with the numbers. Pushing that kind of weight from a dead stop is tough. It activates the muscle in such a different way which i like. A lot of power is generated from the hips which translates to a lot of other movements. Guess I don’t see it as crazy weight since I’m used to hitting those numbers. But a few of my buddies who were training near me were like “Damn bro you made that look easy “ always a nice compliment especially since they are 10-15 years younger then me...lol.

I know the machine you speak of and it’s awesome. I believe it pulls you down, almost like you are doing banded reps. It blasts your legs! I wish mygym had one. I’ve used one a few times at a few powerlifting gyms.

Wanted to wish you and your family the best at the wedding! Enjoy every minute! From one Dad to another Congrats!
Rmtt8206.00