05-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #729
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Rmtt, Finally did Box Squats today. Box just below parallel. Volume 7x5 up to 350. Felt pretty good. Forgot how much I like them as a good variation alternative. Polished off with another fav. BB walking lunges 40ft up to 225. Leg game is solid right now. Worked tricep stuff and conditioning of course. Summer is here in South Florida!
Nice...you are knocking it out of the park. Not having done them in awhile, and you're using 350lbs is impressive! Those aren't something you just jump back into.....so it shows just how strong you are. There is a lot more involved in just legs, so that is crazy!

We got this new squat machine that I used this morning after back squats. I need to look at the name of it again. Basically it has a belt that you hook up to a cable on the platform. You load the backside up with plates, then squat down on the platform, hook up the cable, standup, and release the guides.

Then you have handles you can hold onto, and go as low and as far backwards as you want without worrying about balance.

I just used 3 plates on each side, but man what a stretch. Feels like it's peeling your quads off. Plus I can see a lot of variations you could do to hit hamstrings and glutes.

But you work it to failure as you have to be at the bottom to get unhooked. Still trying to decide if I like it....or just outside my comfort zone and I need to suck it up!