01-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #8
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep

Drives: Spiritedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I understand what you are saying and emotionally, I fully agree.

On the intellectual side, they are expanding the offerings to fill business needs. They offer a common platforms with sufficient flexibility to fill unmet needs for the general population. Someone did an analysis of X6 sales and demonstrated that it has made a significant and positive financial impact on the company. This for a vehicle that was much maligned at launch and throughout it's life span. Such has been it's impact that MBZ has copied the vehicle. Let's be frank, If they catered to buyers like us they would still be a small company that everyone still called British Motor Works. :roll eyes::roll eyes:

Like the X6, I didn't understand the 535GT until we purchased one to use in order to transport my brother after a stroke. It offers nearly all of the utility of an SUV for those who abhor sitting up high in an SUV and drives rather well in Sport Mode.

Thanks for your input!
Cheers-mk
The X6 is one thing. Although I don't like it, there is some actual merit to something that fills such a role. It's been successful because of it. But the 3GT and 5GT are just totally superfluous. While it may meet your needs, you are a very small percentage of buyers. Even smaller than enthusiasts which they fail to cater to in many regards.