11-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #5
yourcakeisready
El Jefe
United_States
Rep

Drives: Potenial M6 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra2k6 View Post
IMO an M4/M3 would be much worth it looks like m6/m5 depreciate too quickly.

i live in Arlington there is no such thing as a 1k apt. a studio on my building starts at $1400. i have a 2bed and it gets up there in price.

House market in VA is still a great place to invest it's not as saturated as other places.

I would wait until you get that promotion and winter is almost over before you buy anything unless you find an extremely great deal
I've found a great deal - which is why I'm posting. I don't plan on living in Arlington directly again. I paid around 1.5k for my last apartment and I don't plan on doing that again. I'm hoping to live on the outskirts and find something cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow191 View Post
Does your budget include food? Didn't see it in your math...

Of course if you go to a car enthusiast forum, there are lots more people who probably bought more car than they can afford so the answers will be skewed just like they are on a personal finance forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
What will your insurance cost? A simple $30,000 loan over 5 years at 4% yields a monthly payment of $552.50. If you put a bit less down and borrow $35,000 at the same rate and amortization, you will be at $644.58. Doesn't seem to leave a lot to insure a nearly new $60k car.

Mark
I'll be roughly paying $120 a month in insurance. I rather put more money down to pay less on interest on the loan.

Is roughly 85-90k a year enough to finance a 30k loan for 5 years? M6's do depreciate rather quickly, car has around 10k mileage. Technically I don't need the M6 and my G37 is already paid off. I'm just getting tired of the G and want something new and exciting I guess, and unfortunately, a house won't do that for me lol