View Single Post
      12-30-2022, 02:38 PM   #16690
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
It was. I was also just a kid in the 70s, but my parents used to rock it out whenever it came on the radio. I missed out on a lot of good music in the early 80s.

I lived in Germany from 79-82, and it was mostly whatever my parents listened to. Billy Joel’s Glass Houses, was about the newest thing they played. Lots of Neil Diamond and Barbara Streisand, and The Carpenters.

Actually, I take that back, my mom was in love with the Thriller album. She had a brand new 315i and we rocked that on the Blaupunkt.

There is a lot of music that’s “overseas” (to me, anyway) which is widely unknown in western culture, but is just mind blowing.

Right, now, most people haven’t heard of this guys, he sings in like 13 different languages and just keeps blowing my mind. And you never hear a word about him in the music community. He has a tight knit group of people that listen to him, and he actually had a concert in New York, at the Barclays center, right before the pandemic, and it sold out.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AUARjexCTlQ&feature=shares
Nice info. Thanks. Greatly appreciated, I can somewhat relate. But I'm only a (Flying) Dutchman(when I jump out of a three floor window, sorry I hate the landing part.)
So you're saying your folks were 'overhere' in Germany(in the(US) army) overhere back then?

Anyway:

Jeff Lynne looks like one of our daughter's dogs And still does....

Cheers
Robin
Esteban44237.50
bobowar1353479.00