08-21-2020, 04:09 PM   #15
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Automotive Enthusiast View Post
It's going to be a daily driver that I use to commute to and from the office in really. Never having to visit another gas station or have to take my car in for an oil change is just icing on the cake. I'm thinking of just having a separate car that gives you the goosebumps and the emotion. The interior does seem a little dull, but I think I'll be able to live with it for a daily.

If anyone else has any experience with it, keep them coming! Thank you all!
If that is your use case IMO it's the perfect car.

I have a long range dual motor not the performance, but it is plenty fast for me. Especially when launching from lower speeds that instant torque makes it feel ridiculously fast. The effects lessens the faster you are going. So on normal streets my model 3 feels faster than the C7, however once on the highway doing 80+ the C7 feels like it has a lot more to give.

Also keep in mind Tesla offers a software upgrade on the dual motor that takes it from like 4.5 to 3.9 or something like that 0-60. It's a bit rich at $2k but cheaper than a performance model and might be something worth doing a year or two down the road.

Mine is used so I can't say what may or may not have been fixed before I bought it, but the fit and finish is perfectly fine with me. Yes it has minor stuff like body gaps that may not be perfect but I would say the average person would not notice any of them. The interior is spartan and while it was a turn off for me at first... I kinda like it... even though I won't admit it to anyone.

It's just very different than what I'm use to and I like that. The materials are all nice quality, nothing IMO feel like a cheap econo car. Then you have the tech which I love, if you are not a techy guy then it's definitely not the car for you. One thing I did not know when I bought it.... a lot of stuff like music etc works off LTE. So you either have to pay Tesla like $10/mo to have their data plan or you can connect it's wifi to your phone or hotspot. Luckily I have a dedicated hotspot I use when we go on trips in the RV that I just keep in the car connected to usb. Has worked out great.

Lastly I think charging at home is a must. I use the standard 120v charger 99% of the time since I don't drive that much. Also keep in mind Tesla recommends not charging past 70-80% on a regular basis to help maintain the battery. I usually keep my long range at around 250 miles for daily use and on weekend if going on longer trip I may up it to 270-280. If you do have a long commute than using a bigger outlet would help. Standard 120v I get about 5mi/hour. I can also plug it into my 220v dryer plug which gets me around 24mi/hour and have really only used that maybe twice since I've had it.

Lastly it has one of the best sound systems I have heard in any car. I have the premium interior which is suppose to have more speakers, so I can't comment on standard, but from what I've read not much difference and standard sounds great also.