View Single Post
      05-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #503
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
You know what? They can keep trying tweaking, but it just takes a team to be hitting all cylinders at the right time and get the right matchups as well. I've been watching the Sharks change coaches, goalies and players and other than last year, be a "contender" in the playoffs for what....15 years or so. They have been in the playoffs every year the second most behind the Wings.
Some years it seemed like they had a powerhouse of a team only to get knocked off in the first or second round.

Look at the Preds...pretty much middle of the road team all season and now they are rolling. Even though Tampa had a good season I don't see them being as strong as the team that one the cup several years back...and they are in CF now with a shot.
Agree, the Caps peaked at the wrong time and started slumping at the worst time imaginable. I still don't think it'll happen in Washington any time soon. Been watching the Caps since the mid-80s, what I saw last night is what I've been seeing for 30+ years. They were actually more fun to watch in the 1980s-early 1990s; they didn't have any superstars, and when they won it was a happy accident. The expectations are so much higher now, maybe that's part of the problem.