View Single Post
      05-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #502
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Agree. No cups for the Caps during the Ovi-era. It is official: the nucleus of this team cannot win the big one, and there have been multiple attempts.

The Blackhawks and even the Patriots are great examples of what a good nucleus can do; the surrounding cast almost doesn't matter.

I know it sounds crazy, but it might be time for the Caps to start rethinking the nucleus of the organization.
You know what? They can keep trying tweaking, but it just takes a team to be hitting all cylinders at the right time and get the right matchups as well. I've been watching the Sharks change coaches, goalies and players and other than last year, be a "contender" in the playoffs for what....15 years or so. They have been in the playoffs every year the second most behind the Wings.
Some years it seemed like they had a powerhouse of a team only to get knocked off in the first or second round.

Look at the Preds...pretty much middle of the road team all season and now they are rolling. Even though Tampa had a good season I don't see them being as strong as the team that one the cup several years back...and they are in CF now with a shot.