07-30-2022, 07:26 PM   #97
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
My point wasnt that he doesnt have experience, but that I think he is an entitled hothead who's ego (not sure why he'd have one) gets the better of him.
In the last three races, he causes a severe crash with Zhou, crashed Perez off track with a dirty move (when he has plenty of room), and then again drove his car to an area with no room and tried to bumper car Perez off only to act like a cry baby when he realized his move didnt work.
I think he's starting to feel the pressure and making mistakes. He expected to go to MB and be winning because he thought he'd have a car so fast no one could beat him and now he is just quicker than the mid-pack and well off the pace of the RB and Ferrari cars/drivers.
Also, virtual racing means absolutely nothing...that stuff doesn't translate to the real world with plenty of examples of that.
I generally agree with you - Zhou was totally caused by Russell, and that dive on Perez was total BS move last week, he is dangerous out there. But the Austria Perez crash was 200% Perez’s fault absolutely zero of that was Russell, you can’t include that, Russell was totally over the inside line, nailed the apex flawlessly and Perez total yanked over and caused that entire accident.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Russell crashes out in first lap and possible take down a Ferrari trying to keep 1st position But this is a by-product of Max’s trash driving… Max set the tone for being dirty and his “get out of my way, I’m entitled” style racecraft was overlooked. George see’s that type of driving and the stewards letting Max drive that way with zero repercussions and he says… “well clearly that is allowed, and that’s how you get a championship” so he follows suite. Last year I have no idea how Max didn’t hit 12 points on his license and get suspended for being so dangerous. He was a total menace last year almost killing Hamilton and doing stupid moves like break check and cut-offs and he’s rewarded by being handed a championship he didn’t actually win.

Now I will say Max is 1000x better this year and I’m impressed… either someone spoke to him or he realized in retrospect, and being a bit wiser now that he really didn’t win that championship and his racecraft was dangerous and he better get himself in check. So good for him and glad Max is coming around, I just hope Russell doesn’t turn into the old Max.