View Single Post
      07-30-2022, 03:56 PM   #96
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
You do realise that F1 drivers have raced in hundreds if not thousands of races mostly from the age of 6. So by the time they get to F1 they are mostly mentally and physically up to the job.

I also don’t remember Russell struggling to nearly win before in a single race for Merc and completely out classing Bottas in the process. He has made mistakes p, all drivers do from time to time but he has been one of the most consistent F1 drivers this year.

Also in virtual racing he beat, Norris, Leclerc and co convincingly through the pandemic. Race pace has been great up to now but will this setup change mean they get more deg, time will tell tomorrow they don’t seem to have a clue on that front.

Also Norris yet again having a great performance, the McLaren updates seem to be doing well at last, fingers crossed for the race.
My point wasnt that he doesnt have experience, but that I think he is an entitled hothead who's ego (not sure why he'd have one) gets the better of him.
In the last three races, he causes a severe crash with Zhou, crashed Perez off track with a dirty move (when he has plenty of room), and then again drove his car to an area with no room and tried to bumper car Perez off only to act like a cry baby when he realized his move didnt work.
I think he's starting to feel the pressure and making mistakes. He expected to go to MB and be winning because he thought he'd have a car so fast no one could beat him and now he is just quicker than the mid-pack and well off the pace of the RB and Ferrari cars/drivers.
Also, virtual racing means absolutely nothing...that stuff doesn't translate to the real world with plenty of examples of that.
GuidoK10633.50
M5Rick59589.50
NYG10579.50