View Single Post
      12-23-2021, 06:49 AM   #283
Nashville
BMW Sales
Rep

Drives: G20 Msport, 1996 Civic DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Just an FYI, and I'm not picking at it or anything, but since thats a bolt-in cage, and not a complete cage, if you wanted it for any regulated racing events it will likely not pass tech. It's a great build tho, would love to have had this back in my Honda days.

I do miss my Civic EX sometimes. It had a Z6 that for some reason was bullet proof and faster than any other SOHC around at the time. Hurt a lot of feelings in MN when I ran a 75 shot on it, then re-built it for boost but never got the chance to drop it back in after I had a guy do some body work and he botched the shit out of it and it destroyed all motivation. Motor went to a buddy that dropped it in a 91 hatch. He never had it properly tuned so it didn't run 100%, but he beat the hell out of it for many years before parking it, and it's been sitting ever since.
Thanks for the heads up!

But I've stated earlier in the build that I will not be racing this car. It's all for looks, even though autopower says that these bars meet or exceed requirements for some racing series- figured it was good enough for the street