Banned
Rep

Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
'95 E36 M3 & '21 M2C

Still can't believe how massive the M2 looks next to the E36, and the M2 isn't a big car.
Great taste! I had it in my mind that the 2 cars would be similar in size (at least from the exterior) but they're not even close. I'd be curious to see an E46 M3 next to the M2. I was kind of worried that there would be too much overlap between the E36 M3 and the M2C (at least in how I use them), but that doesn't seem to be a problem 2 weeks into ownership.

Same man, that purple looks great.

Some people might find this blasphemous, but I actually was looking at e46's and drove a 20k mile example, totally stock, pristine car and honestly, I wasn't blown away by it. It just wasn't the right car. Then I drove an e36 and instantly fell in love with it. It just "fit". Had the same unquantifiable feeling when i first drove the m2C. The E36 has been marginalized for a long time and overshadowed by the e30 and e46. I'm glad it's finally getting it's time in the spotlight, and people are realizing it was a great bridge between more modern BMWs and the 1980s Bimmers that everyone canonizes.