View Single Post
      03-20-2023, 06:09 AM   #391
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Just a couple of the many anti Jos post-race headlines/comments...

‘Rude and unsportsmanlike’: F1 world roasts Max Verstappen’s dad’s ‘petulant’ Sergio Perez snub

"Jos Verstappen was clearly disappointed with the result. The father is proud of his son Max Verstappen and has often set a high bar for him. Jos did not even break a smile when Checo celebrated with the Red Bull crew around him. He didn’t even acknowledge the Mexican race driver’s exemplary performance with a high-five or smile."

"Jos Verstappen deserves absolutely nothing in this world.
Bad human being"

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-f1...e-finish-line/
Loaded atmosphere at Red Bull during the post-race events, despite getting maximum WCC points. To my eyes it illustrated again that the relationship between the Verstappens (Max-Jos-Sophie) and Perez is broken beyond repair. Looks like it's strictly business now, no sympathy or favors for each other anymore.

I expect Red Bull to respect its contractuel commitments to keep Perez on board for this 2023 season, but IMHO on 26 Nov 2023 in Abu Dhabi, Perez will drive his last race for Red Bull (and maybe even in F1). I doubt that Red Bull will get him a life line for 2024.

Say what you want, but it's a good thing that there was no "Valtteri, this is James - we will invert positions in Turn 5" result-doping interference in camps Red Bull (VER-PER), Mercedes (HAM-RUS), Ferrari (LEC-SAI) and McLaren (NOR-PIA).