View Single Post
      03-20-2023, 05:34 AM   #389
lens
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddamoo View Post
Good god, the sheer amount of Verstappen fanboyism in this thread is just cringeworthy

I really don't get it. The guy is thoroughly un-likeable. A serial whinger with a potty mouth and amongst the least respectful on the grid. I recall DC having to remind him to thank his 99% home fan turnout at Zandvoort last year. A chip off the old block it seems.
Nah, this sounds like Hamilton you're describing, and it shows for the past 2 years.

Not the best car? Consistent whining and the attitude he gave the press after qualification and after the race, you can see he's finished. There's a reason why you can tell Mercedes garage right now has bad tension.

Everyone hates Max because he was winning and the current world champ, he gets along with everyone on the grid, except Hamilton and Ocon.

Max literally reminds Alonso of his younger self.

Also, with how Jos treated his son growing up, I'm surprised Max is how he is now, that shit ruins children, and they usually don't grow up like how Max does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
Jos is not the racer, I get it but yes, that was a clear snub that I think and feel was Jos being a divine assholia given Checo and his family have wholeheartedly supported Max's victories. No excuse whatsoever because everyone knows Perez's victory was because of Max's penalty. He clearly did not give a shit. Well, things work both ways in the world.
There's a reason why the Bottas and Hamilton era worked so well, Bottas knew he was the second driver, he never went against team orders until his final year, and was never a threat to Hamilton. In this case, Perez seriously thinks he can challenge for the WDC, when the last year, Max outdrove him. Bahrain was the same thing, he was 11 seconds behind by the end of the race, I also expect him to be the same on normal circuits. Unless Max has issues every qualifications that sets him in the back of the grid, Max will outdrive Checo any track.