View Single Post
      01-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #40
uncleruckus
no relation
Rep

Drives: F30 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
Seriously...everything on this Supra look like a BMW catalog. I just want to know how will the Toyota Supra purist will take say about this car.😂
Oh I can already tell you that they will hate it lol. As much as we love BMW turbo engines, I highly doubt the B58 will have the tuning potential of the 2JZ (to be fair, not many engines do); likewise, a supra purist will also hate the the steering feel and the fact that its now a 2 seater instead of 4 and lastly ... no manual. I also suspect the tuning potential (at least initially) may be hindered with locked ECU (just guessing though). Not to mention that most toyota fans have a negative connotation of BMW reliability (regardless of how true it is).

Not trying to be a hater (I'm not even a huge Supra guy ... I actually prefer Skylines lol), I wish they had called this car something different. I actually think its going to be a pretty awesome car and would love to test drive one. I just think associating the "Supra" name with it is a mistake.