Rep

Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I had swam about 10 laps when this group of teens jump in the pool. And sit right at the corner of the lane I'm swimming. While I'm down at the other end they grab the wall and practice their kicks. THERE IS A WHOLE FUCKING POOL and you choose the end of the lane I've been swimming?????
Surprised? That's how the younger generation is.
The young crowd are just as inconsiderate as the older folks- just in different ways.

Ones abrupt. Crass.

The other inconsiderate.

I often encounter "old swimmers" who don't know how to swim properly, nor are they equipped properly (us true swimmers can spot them a mile away- swim with head above water. Or just goggles (no swim cap or ear plugs) or if they do have all of the above- and do swim cap first followed by goggles ontop- is another red flag.

I try to stay away from these "swimmers" they don't know how to lane share, let alone circle swim- they'll start "back stroking" while sharing a lane (that's hard for even competitive swimmers to do)

And of course- once I have my lane all to myself, instead of gauging if the other swimmers in the other lanes are more up to their skill level- they jump into mine.

What I tell them after they "accidentally" wack me in the face "imagine the pool lane is a squat rack. You can squat 135lbs and I'm squatting 405. There are two other squat racks with individuals squatting 180-225. If you insist on sharing, wouldn't you ask someone along your lifts? The pool is no different"

As you can tell, I take my swims seriously and I'm a slice of heaven

ALSO-

if there is one swimmer in a 3/4/5lane pool- you NEVER get the lane next to them unless all the other lanes are taken. In an empty pool- i always take the wall lane. So that if someone else shows up, they take the other wall lane. Leaving the middle open.

But noooooo, I don't know why people always insist on jumping into the lane next to mine having other lanes completely open.