View Single Post
      08-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #18
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
BerkTechnology - I see here http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13413 that you got your Vorshlag plates. But the KW V3s probably give you more camber range than the stock suspension, right?

I was hoping that someone could relate their experience with the Vorshlag plates and stock (MSport) suspension, to compare to Terry's estimates above.

If nobody's done this, I'll let you know when I get mine put in.
The KW's or any other coilver suspension won't give you any more/less clearance for more camber. Static camber is dictated by the position of the strut mounting position on the MacPherson layout that we have.

From what I can tell, the OEM sized spring perch or a standard 60mm spring doesn't give you any more or less clearance. The top hat will start hitting the chassis before the spring would on our setup.

On the McStrut's we have on the 1er, you will have max static camber as the lower A-arm is just above parallel with the ground. As you LOWER the car further, you LOSE negative camber.

On a traditional upper/lower A-arm setup (aka double wishbone) that you'll find in just about every high end sports car, you will gain negative camber as you lower the car or the car leans into a corner.

We're maxed out at just about -2.1 deg. That is just about the limit of what you can do on this car before you have to start making some custom mods down there which takes you out of the plug and play group.

Even at -2.1 deg, you'll have some minor rubbing issues down there with the brake line bracket and one of the sensor "boxes" down there.

Let us know how everything works out for you once you get it all on. I think that getting some decent camber up in the front of these cars is going to be one of the best things you can do to make these cars handle better.
Appreciate 0