View Single Post
      09-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #49
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

The divide and conquer is all well and good if your other half is willing to cooperate. My situation involved a total control freak. She had to have complete control over our daughter. Whatever anyone did wasn't good enough. She would literally take my head off if I did something minor or something she didn't like. An example was when she asked me to watch our daughter. I was happy to do so. When she came back she saw I was holder our daughter while working on my laptop. The crime? I had the nerve to respond to emails while I was working from home. Mind you our daughter was asleep and content. She literally drove herself crazy because she had to be in control over everything. She wouldn't let our daughter cry at night. Every little peep out of our daughter she was up. Other parents and even the pediatrician said it's fine to let our baby cry but just to monitor our baby to ensure she doesn't hyperventilate or choke.

On the night out thing. Yeah, did that too. She asked to hang out with her friends. No problem. I stayed home with our baby. That was once a month. Which then morphed to once every two weeks, then every week, then multiple times during the week. I kept a log of all the times she ran out. And to complete the above picture I presented of her controlling nature, she decided I wasn't to be trusted to have our daughter alone. So she would run off to her mothers to leave our daughter there while she went out clubbing. I had to spend over a year after the separation to repair the damage she created between my daughter and me.

While what I'm stating with my situation is extreme, it's a cautionary tale of how things can spin out of control quickly if you don't keep your eyes open and clamp down on it early. Don't be me.
SYT_Shadow11490.00