View Single Post
      04-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #294
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Yeah Philly fans in general have always been complete scum. I mean Jesus they drew a damn delay of game penalty.

I also hate Ryan White, although I looked at that replay multiple times. Looked like a clean hit, still, fuck him. Hope Orpik can bounce back.
I agree, I think it was a clean hit too. I think Orpik was crouching to get the puck, White went in for a legal shoulder check, and Orpik's head got sandwiched between White's shoulder and the glass.

Honestly, I think Orpik is done. He's 35, has his name on the cup, and is wealthier than most people will ever be. From that standpoint, he doesn't have much else to prove.

He was out for a big chunk of this season due to injury, and now he's likely out again. The biggest problem is that this appears to be a head injury, and it isn't his first one. He had his bell rung big time last night, and with all that we now know about head injuries I don't know that I'd risk another one. At this point in his life I think he might start looking at the big picture and hang it up.

The Caps are so deep, I don't know that this really impedes them much. I expect to see Chorney take his spot on Wednesday. I'll again hope to see Mason in net, but I'd be utterly shocked if Neuvirth isn't there.

And yes, phuck Philadelphia.