View Single Post
      10-21-2022, 02:04 PM   #238
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
I first thought it best if RBR would opt for the ABA. Now I see that by rejecting the FIA's offer, the case would be heard by the cost cap panel and the full range of penalties would be on the table. Not only that, we would then get to see exactly where and by how much they exceeded the cap. Hope they fight it.
I just read that the submission was $4MM under and that after some ins and outs it came to 1.8MMM over.

https://racingnews365.com/red-bulls-...main-areas/amp

And look where the info came from:

“RacingNews365.com believes that this call was made by Shaila-Ann Rao - the FIA's interim secretary-general for motorsport - and former Mercedes general counsel.”

Both her and Toto should be removed from their respective positions immediately and each pay a fine equal to that of the breach for releasing private non-public info.

It does appear that changes to rules and some weird nuances are the reason for the “breach”. It seems even more minor based on the click down into the details and clear none of it was made with malicious intent. I’d say pass on anything and move on but for 2022+ they should close the gap and make sure any team, especially those who said they are going to breach on purpose (cough Toto cough) are handled with the strictest of penalties.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 10-21-2022 at 02:25 PM..