07-04-2022, 03:52 PM   #162
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Yes. And if you go wired backhaul you can have 3 SSIDs. You can also do binding to force devices onto specific nodes, so if you have one thats kind of in the middle you can test each node, find which is the best, and then tell the system to only connect that device to the better node.

Also does beamforming so when you move devices/nodes you can tell it to re optimize the signal.

About the only thing that isnt stellar about it is QoS, its service based and some people are concerned about security, I dont use it though.
I've about had it with the Decos. I finally got my Homekit stuff working as it should, but our wifi in the living room was balky. Streaming TV kept freezing and surfing was sometimes slow. So I rebooted the Deco mesh. The slowness in the wifi went away, but now my Homekit stuff isn't responding again. I'm using an app called Discovery to look for devices using Homekit Protocol (_hap._tcp.). Yesterday and earlier today all my devices were showing up there. Now there are only a few showing, which explains the large number of devices not responding. It's like the Decos suddenly aren't transmitting traffic properly.

The thing that really burns me about the Decos is the inability to separate the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands into different SSIDs. That makes it nearly impossible to add new 2.4ghz widgets since my iPhone uses 5ghz if it's available. TP-Link could have made band separation possible, they just didn't. I have a thread open with them and today they suggested I download and install a beta firmware update. That sounds pretty risky to me.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede