07-02-2022, 07:27 PM   #159
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Ive been a big fan of my asus mesh system: https://www.asus.com/us/content/zenwifi/

Admittedly most of my automation is on z-wave+ but I have IP cameras, a plex media server and 100% of my house TVs are wifi streaming only, WFH, have 7 of those google homes/screens, etc and its been rock solid for a couple years now. And if you run wired backhaul you can have two 5ghz networks and can isolate devices on it using binding.

Usually about 34 devices active at any given time and it has no issue streaming 4K HDR from a computer connected wirelessly to a remote node, wireless backhaul down to the other node, and then wirelessly to my TV.

*Oh snap, I even see where there is a new model with a 6ghz network, could run that backhaul for even higher performance.
Wired backhaul is my next project. I have all the parts to set up a MoCA system, I just haven't started putting them to use yet. All my coax cables terminate outside the house, so I need to set up a box out there and then get everything wired in.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede