View Single Post
      07-01-2022, 03:15 PM   #156
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick Webb View Post
For the last several years we've had a pretty extensive SmartThings/Hue ecosystem running very effectively. Most lights are Hue, sensors and other devices are on SmartThings. Interface is the SmartThing app and Alexa. Extensive automations driven by a SmartThings app called WebCore. I would recommend it, but SmartThings is moving in the wrong direction and closing their ecosystem down to third-party apps like WebCore. When that happens I'll likely be moving over to Hubitat. HA is an option, as it can run in a Docker container on Synology. Not looking forward to re-doing everything, but the one thing I've learned about HA is that you're never done, you just move on to solving the next problem.
If Smartthings goes to hell Im going to go to a locally process z-wave system like Homeseer. Setup my own code and routines and then just get the attachment to enable it to work with google assistant/IFTTT.

I tried some other stuff but eventually went all to z-wave+ because of the response/reliability since its a low frequency mesh system. Also frees up my wifi for my media functionality. I did just recently switch to the M1 Mac Mini for that and a controller for another system, its a little beast and sips juice.
M_Six16965.00