@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya335 View Post
The recall notice did not mention anything regarding a loaner.
I contacted my dealership directly (I do have a great relationship with them) and they arranged the service visit and loaner, no questions asked.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if other dealerships refuse to provide one.
Your situation appears to be different. You actually brought your car in to have the recall done on the passenger side and they gave you a loaner while repairs were being made. The other question is for those of us who have an affected vehicle with the driver's side recall but in our case the parts aren't ready and won't be ready for awhile, so there is a question about getting the loaner car so that we don't have to drive our own cars until the recall is done whether that is next month or in the next two years.

For the latter, I'm told there is no way to get a loaner car since there is no time-frame on when repair parts will be available, so you could essentially be driving around a loaner for up to a year or more. No way the dealership is going to allow this.
Exactly why I made my statement, once he did he received a loaner I automatically knew he was part of the passenger side recall
BMWCCA NJ