Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am torn with the idea of bailing out GM and the other U.S. automakers, but what we need to realize is the mass effect that would have on our economy.

There is very little that GM atually produces. The majority of the components of the GM car is a product of outsourcing. If GM fails, 2,100 other companies that supply GM with parts fails with it. Not to mention the mass job loss.

That being said, they need to eliminate labor unions. They do not promote capitalism and they do not nourish a competitive marketplace.

Just my 2 cents.... but I still am torn on the idea.
+2

Whether or not you agree with GM and are a fan of their products or not; you have to understand the impact this has. The supplier chain, the dealer network, the ad agencies - and with a lack of advertising... media will suffer. It will have a global impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
What about the idiot Unions? They're a big piece of the problem pie too. They need to be dealt with as well.
The greed of the unions is out of hand. There was a time when they had a reason for being; but that time is long gone. The legacy costs, multiple products cannibalizing your own sales, poor customer service, and inept management is what's killing the domestic companies.