09-29-2015, 12:01 AM   #29
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleb View Post
I sell cars. I would love to start a thread about people who come into the dealership.

I also sell cars at a loss to the dealership 15 times a month. The reason we do that is so we have a chance to sell product in the finance office and to also get a service customer.
Anyone who knows anything about car buying knows that most of the crap offered in the finance office is way over priced and crap.

With GPS, Lo-Jack is a joke, most professional detailers can do a better job than that "sealant" con job, and most after market warranties are a waste too.

The only ones that ever make sense (and only with certain manufactures) is the pre-paid service contracts, because they can actually save you some money (assuming you keep the car long enough).

The rest of it is fluff and insulting.

I get the service side of it and if I am treated well on the sales side, I will make a point to give them my business on the service side. The problem with that though is that the sales experience is usually such a hassle and leaves such a bad taste in my mouth, that I normally have no desire to give them by business after the sale.

Sales departments and service departments really should talk to each other more often to get the "bigger picture"
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.