View Single Post
      09-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #27
catchm3ifyoucann
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavychevy69 View Post
I never get any attention at dealers because I'm 21 and usually in gym clothes when I stop by. I always park somewhere they can't see what I pull up in and its amazing how many people just ignore me or tell me they're busy when I'm looking at higher end cars(nothing crazy, used s4 and m3). Then they try to flag me down when they see me unlock my 335 to leave.
Happens to me all the time mate. I never understood the business logic of judging whether a customer will purchase a vehicle or not based on their appearance.

Next to add onto the list:
- When purchasing a car, after you have agreed on a price you are taken into the F & I managers office where he tries to convince you to purchase products and insurance coverages that don't do anything. I have had this happen to me when I was helping a friend purchase a vehicle. I kindly stated I know what your job is and what you have to do, but I kindly decline everything you have to offer. After saying that the F & I manager became livid. Furthermore when doing a last final inspection of the vehicle I saw a large scratch going across the front bumper, I asked if that could be corrected, after much back and forth the dealer agree only on the condition I sign the purchase agreements, and finalize financing. I told him that was the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Further more there was a pack of batteries and a tampon package in the trunk that their fabulous detailers apparently missed. The F & I manager began to scream at me and insult me. I told him his lack of professionalism cost him a sale. After leaving I received 3-5 calls from the Sales Manager begging me to buy the vehicle.

I despise all F & I managers. They waste your time, and when you decline they take it as an insult. Not only that but they are probably some of the most untrustworthy people I have ever met.

Exactly why I prefer the Tesla Model. I buy direct and don't have to deal with all the dealership nonsense.

Another to add to the list: Service Managers
- I have an acquaintance who is a service manager at a high volume dealership. Has told me multiple times that he will push brakes as much as he can regardless if the customer needs them or not. Has told me that breaks take less than an hour to do and they will charge you for 2 hours.
- The typical lie they say that they don't make much of parts is a complete lie.

I'm not saying all dealerships are bad. But there is a huge majority that don't give a dam if you buy a couple cars, they want your $$$$.