Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Sedan already covered it, but in a related note - wtf is up with so many people driving at night with NO lights on???? I see it multiple times a night here in the bay area. Generally it's in moderate to heavy traffic where there's enough ambient light from everyone else to still see somewhat decently, but...man. It's sketchy. I can't even turn the lights off in my car at night if I wanted to - not sure how these people are able to drive without them coming on automatically.
My guess is because modern cars have lighted dashboards. For us old-timers, a lighted dashboard meant the headlights are on. Couple that with daytime running lamps and people think their headlights are on.

I can let that go, but what really bugs me is when I flash my lights at those drivers and they don't react. They don't even seem to be aware that I flashed my lights at them. If someone flashes their lights at me, I assume I've done something wrong that I need to fix or that Sedan_Clan is around the corner watching for stop sign violations.
Sedan_Clan25085.00
Dino GT35134.50
cmyx6go15713.00