02-06-2023, 06:28 PM   #7411
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Sedan already covered it, but in a related note - wtf is up with so many people driving at night with NO lights on???? I see it multiple times a night here in the bay area. Generally it's in moderate to heavy traffic where there's enough ambient light from everyone else to still see somewhat decently, but...man. It's sketchy. I can't even turn the lights off in my car at night if I wanted to - not sure how these people are able to drive without them coming on automatically.
When I’m in citation writing mode, the 24250 CVC violation you mentioned is one of the primary citations I write along with red light and stop sign violations. Those three violations are my true pet peeves. I rarely write speeding tickets (…unless I’m citing that as an associated factor in an injury traffic collision), tint tickets, plate tickets, etc…….and I let a lot of people off with warnings, but I rarely give passes for blowing stop signs or driving around at night without headlights on. Some of these drivers are absolutely oblivious.

I’ve had acquaintances, friends, etc. tell me the violations that bother me are no big deal…..

….but let a person blow a stop sign or red light and total their car..….or hit their kid because they couldn’t see the car coming at night, and they’d be asking me to lynch the other person.