View Single Post
      11-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #7193
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
When I took a state mandated class to get a concealed carry permit in Arizona learning the law was part of it. Here is how it works here. May be different elsewhere.

If you have legitimate fear for your life or the life of another individual you can use lethal force. it can't be because someone called you and threatened you and you go to their house to kill them first. You can not shoot them in the back as they are 100 feet away running away with the family jewels. You can not shoot them if they stopped being a threat.

Perhaps the incident you mention is one where charges should have been filed. But why not provide a link to the incident so ALL the facts can come to light not just those that might be mentioned in light of one sided bias.

Stuff like this is why I hate our media. The Rodney King riots were sparked because of inflammatory media. The entire tape shows a man on drugs resisting arrest following a car chase. He was clearly on drugs and a very strong man tossing deputies around like rag dolls. They are human and yeah they might have been scared and took a few extra shots. The frenzied beating at one point was clearly not very professional. But the media portrayed it as if a peaceful motorist was pulled over, dragged out of his car and then beaten unconscious for no reason other than his race. Voila. Instant riots and people DIED because of that misrepresentation.

Anyway, in my state you need to have a reasonable fear for yourself or another to use lethal force. I suspect that is a normal standard.
It was long ago and correct, I do not know all the fine details, only what was shown on the news.
That is why I asked what possible circumstances could have created this outcome.
The NEWS is garbage and more harmful than good IMO.
Its more to "stir the pot" for views than true journalism with facts. Seems like nobody has integrity anymore.
Stuff that should be news, gets swept under the rug and not get talked about.
jamesinaz1643.50