08-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #38
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Now I know Subaru has a great track record bc of safety and the symetrical AWD system is one of the best and can only be obtained by having a flat engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I can't prove your Haldex style AWD system is any better than Subaru's system. And neither can you Doesn't matter how you control the torqu. .. I know how good my xt is in the snow. I can. drive all day in 10 inch snow. Thats good enough for me.

As far as not being able to build a quality engine..As I have said the FA engine has won the best import engine 3 times in seven years. No one (including BMW has done that. The FB had an oil usage problem the first year it was out. It was a problem. Again I don't know what the Quality of the FB series is. The EJ turbo is as good an engine as anyone has ever built...that's not bs..its fact.

The EJ engine was an open deck engine that chewed up head gaskets. Subaru was criminal for allowing that to continue. Its right up there with the GM 2.4/2.6 Intake gasket leak. Subaru deserves all the critism for that engine. But once they went to MLS gaskets the problem went away. But even I can not defend that engine.
On one hand you are saying Subaru's AWD system is one of the best and on the other you are saying that nobody can prove a Haldex system is better. If you are saying we can't prove anything then what's the point of saying Subaru's system is amongst the best when you can't prove it? It matters a lot how an AWD system can distribute torque BTW.

The FA engine is nothing special at all lol and it has a well known issue with failing connecting rods when you tune the engine above stock levels. It's nowhere near as good an engine as the Honda K20C1 that even in lower power levels for the Accord provides considerable power. It's clear you are far too biased and cannot be reasoned with so I'm out of this thread.