View Single Post
      11-13-2016, 01:22 PM   #1207
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbenda View Post
I took delivery of my F80 at the end of June. I was affected by this recall. I noticed a slight clunking/thumping noise coming from the rear of the car. They replaced it under the recall and the day I got it back all seemed fine until that evening, when I experienced some serious problems. I was doing a light pull to 100mph and this loud grinding noise came from my gearbox (sounded like Saw 2 ). Got hit with a chassis error and a transmission malfunction which didn't allow me to put the car into "park". Car went back the next morning, to which they found a bolt came loose somehow messing up my driveshaft. They replaced the necessary bolts, but not the driveshaft itself. I just got it back and I'm still hesitant to even abuse the car. Whenever I'm come to a stop, and the car shifts from 2nd to 1st, I can hear the thump again. This is my first M, not to mention the first car I've owned with DCT. Any insight as to whether or not this should happen would be great.
I hear the noise you're talking about sometimes, almost like you would hear in a manual gearbox in certain situations.

As far as I know, it should not do this every time you slow down. If that's happening, probably have them take a look. I can definitely see why you're nervous given that they only replaced the bolts this time around.
RATED_M43.00