View Single Post
      07-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
syrus
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW X3 3.0i

BMW X3 problems - Flat tire - MPG - spark plugs - new user

Hey guys. I just became the pre-owned '06 BMW X3 3.0i owner and here's what I have the problems with. When I get a flat tire I usually stop somewhere at the gas station right away to pump some air but the RFT light is still on for like another 30-40 miles or so which is really bothers me. makes me stop more often to check the pressure. Tried clicking on that button with the flat tire but doesn't help. Always have the pressure as it says on the door sticker 29 psi front / 32 rears.

I used to be a Honda Accord owner and noticed a HUUGE difference in MPG. Instruction says something around 16-17mpg. What I really get is 12-13 in the city and 23-24hwy. I'm not an aggressive driver at all. My RPM doesn't go higher that 2600-2700. Its mostly me or me and my gf in the car (not fully loaded)... Understand that since I got the used vehicle with 50k miles there's no guarantee that I'll be happy enough to get at least 10% more that the MPG BMW states. I checked the battery / alternator. Both are in perfect condition. I've read somewhere that Denso Iridium spark plugs might help and the overall car performance will be higher. Are they any better than Bosch spark plugs? The regular price they get sold on eBay is around $50 for 6 of them with delivery. Isn't it kinda too much for that?

Also, what's the best place to buy the parts for BMW (original / not original). I would appreciate any kind of advice for the brand new owner of a not really new BMW. Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0