04-17-2022, 03:33 AM   #59
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Our CLK has hiccuped a couple times when starting up from warm since this E10 was introduced so an odd tank of E5 99RON does it good..it didn't happen with the outgoing E5 95 RON..and what is this E10 doing to the catalysers.
That's shouldn't be the case because modern day cars have ecus that are highly adaptable to ethanol based fuels with tolerance up to 20% without a tune - before stft and LTFTs can no longer adapt. So E10 really shouldn't be causing issues at all unless it was a tank of bad gas.

Plus I'm North America all fuels (except some premium blends) have e10 in it, and there are zero issues with year round use in all climates.

In regards to the catalytic converter there should be zero issues, if anything it would be even easier on the cats because ethanol blended fuel produces less NOX, SOX, POX and aldehyde emissions vs. gasoline because it contains much less gas and all of its associated additives. Other than that emissions would still be CO2 and water just like gasoline.

If anything ethanol fuels would be better for the cats because it burns so much cleaner than gasoline so there will be less carbon soot going through the cats.

Literally ethanol is a much better fuel imo. Sure there's less energy per volume, but you get many more benefits to compensate. I wish we went to e85 + turbos + hybrids (turbo hybrids are awesome! Just like the McLaren p1 and similar) before we went to electric cars.