04-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
rmorin49
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335d/10 Z4 s30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
Had installation done at C2Designs in Tampa (this continues to be a great shop to do business with - owner drives a modded E92 M3). Took about 2 hours due to having to download new code from Dinan (normally about an hour, but if yours is the first in the shop to get this mod, count on two). $1989 OTD including $100 labor and 6% sales tax - Dinan 20% off through 30 Apr. Installation: hook up a laptop to ECU and let the two 'puters commingle their bodily fluids.

Whatta bomb! Impressions so far only from 140 miles interstate, but 7th gear (DCT) at 80 pulls like a mule and shots away from toll plazas etc. are really fast. Whole new car. Zero codes, problems, downside of any sort. Chirped the DSC a couple times pulling from toll plaza drive-thru lanes (3rd gear, 35 mph).

I kept checking instant mileage driving to Tampa from Florida east coast and back. Looks like the mod improves steady highway mileage about 2 mph, but sucks a lot of fuel accelerating. Will take a bit of time to see if it has overall effect on mileage.

Will report more when I have more time with the mod, but initial impression is money very well spent and screw the s35is. Feels just like the Dinan tune I had in my E93, but Z4 handles distinctly better because of weight differential.
You may need to make some friends in the Florida Highway Patrol!
2011 335d BS/Oyster/PP/CWP/NAV/ipod/USB(Daily Driver) 30+ mpg(retired)
Appreciate 0