05-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
BMW M Power Mexico
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E60M5,E821M,F15X5V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini330zhp View Post
Hey Everyone I always wanted to take my car on the track and I have a few questions on what I have to do to get started.

1. First off does my car insurance cover any damage on the track if not is there track insurance offered??

2. What Good Driving Safety programs are out there for a NOOB on a track North East??

3. Brakes!!! Are the stock brakes decent enough for noob on a first track day with an instructor.

4. What do you bring to a track to be prepared for the first time?? Example Car Fluids, Air Pump, Locked container ect...

5. Is there any issues with the E9x M3s on the track. Example Over heating PS fluid???

6. Anything else I missed???? All info helpful I just want to be prepared before I try my first track day.
1. Usually insurance won't cover you on track. Accidents are rare, just be prudent.

2. ??

3. Stock brakes are good enough if its your first time at the track.

4. For the first time, just bring your M3. Make sure your tire pressures are in spec and you have good life left on your pads.

5. The PS fluid issue has been confimed by many here but its not a big deal and nothing to worry about too much. If you lose a bit, refill a day later.

6. Relax, do not overdrive - a track day IS NOT RACING. Take it easy and have fun. You will be passed by *slower* cars most likely. It is normal, do not take unnecesary risks, drive as fast as you feel comfortable and safe and gradually increase your speed as you get comfortable.
Appreciate 0