View Single Post
      03-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #16
jayg80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Your BSM M2 looks amazing. Nothing better than a clean black car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-Poor View Post
I do not want to get into or start a "coating war" about which is the best, longest lasting, etc. All have pluses and minuses. IMHO when looking at the top names the prep work and skill of the installer is far more important than the "genie in the bottle." That said I have Ceramic Pro 9H (2 coats) and one coat of Ceramic Pro Light on the paint. Wheels and calipers received one coat. M2 went directly from dealer to have XPEL and Ceramic Pro installed, never washed or unwrapped by the dealer. The car was in a photo shoot with AW M2 last Friday and looked great. How will the coating hold up, who knows? I take meticulous care of my cars so should be a long time. Price is on the high side, I trust the installer, they are local, and that made the extra expense worth it to me. Others will tell you to look at CQuartz, Nanolex, Kamikaze, Gyeon and Gtechniq to name a few. My .02 is prep and installer skill combined with how well you care for the car after the install is far more important than what's in the bottle. There is no such thing as maintenance-free paint.

Appreciate 0