View Single Post
      07-08-2015, 04:02 PM   #10
g8orscott
Rep
Drives: 428i xdrive GC

I see Murray getting killed on here, but I recently had a very different experience. Went in a test drove a 428GC with Eddie, who told me he was going on a month vacation and recommended a different CA.

At that point I drove a few other cars, including one at Schomp. Schomp didn't seem to care if I was there, and despite signs that said one salesperson/one car/one hour (or something like that), it was 30 minutes before anyone spoke to me and I was passed to 5 different people. I asked about ordering and they told me that they priced $1200 over invoice, no exceptions and no incentives. I left.

I was going to order out of state, but found one at Murray on the lot that was more than I wanted, but figured I'd give it a try. We negotiated by email, which probably made this more painless. I got what I considered a really good deal nationally, and probably a great deal for this market. The CA made a quick recommendation of lease protection, but no hard sell. The finance guy actually helped me lower my MSDs as my calculations were slightly off, and didn't try to upsell anything.

Overall, it was a really good experience and much better than Schomp with about lower pricing by about $3k.
Appreciate 0