08-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #116
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
WOW.... Eastbay (sports clothes/shoes store if you've never heard of it) offers 25% back on bing.com.... next week it'll be 50%!!!!!!!!!!!

gonna get me a new pair of Jordans!

Anyway, so let me ask, what is a GOOD deal on a lightly used f4 IS and 2.8 IS respectively?

I was thinking if I can get an F4 IS for $850 or so I'd do that. Or if I found a 2.8 IS for under $1300 I'd consider that? What do you guys think about that?

Realistic for stuff in good condition or not?
In general, I dont get or recommend used high-end lens...... MAYBE I'd get cheap ones like maybe 50mm f1.4 (or anything thats under $400-500 bucks brand new)..

I'm sure most of the used ones should be fine.. but there could be things that you cannot see buying a used lens. (I'm not talking about scratches, or anything), but for IS version lens, you never know if there is something wrong with the IS or autofocus or anything for that matter..

but an FYI, sometimes stores on ebay sell the f2.8 IS for around $1450 - $1490free shipping.. and together with 8% cashback.. you're looking at just over $1300 for a BRAND new f2.8 IS!!

2008 E92 335i (sold)