c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Retirement accounts still in low fee index funds but moved a bunch out of the market to fund a real estate transaction. Haven’t put it back in only because more liquid investments have given an equal to slightly higher return than current S&P over the same period (13mo or so). Can’t pretend to be able to time the market, but still looking to get back in on some discounts or a dip. Current news and length of the run not inspiring a lot of confidence at the moment.
I’ve been hearing correction for five years. These are people who just want to be able to say they said it first and say I told you so. No one knows what’s going to happen. If I’ve learned anything the past ten years, market speculation is much less evaluation of a true company worth but rather emotions. Look what happens when Trump sends a simple tweet. The market dives or climbs based on 140 words of jibberish that truly have no bearing the the market. You could argue his statements on tariffs and negotiating with China may be insightful but honestly most of them have turned out to be nothing burgers. I would he would just shut up and it makes me think he is playing the market for his own benefit knowing how it will react and buying/selling/shorting accordingly.