racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Greetings yco -

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i hear you inTgr8r..
but there are nice posts on this board as well as you know.. whenever you feel ready my friend..
THANK YOU for starting the new thread - we all await your prompt to focus on the next GP!

I watched in horror as the 24 Hr shunt played out, and I too flashed back to the horror of the loss of Hubert.

Agreed - something must be done; the realities of race cars at WOT cresting a hill (Eau Rouge) at +- 180 MPH and have ZERO time to react to shunts that have occurred....

Totally agree that the runoff area(s) need to be widened significantly with the latest technology to slow the car(s) before reaching the energy absorbing crash barriers.

Other alternatives include slowing the speed in the Eau Rogue area....this is going to be wildly controversial to those of us (including me) that cherish one of the last sections of race track that are exciting to the core.

ALO's comments re Eau Rogue:
2005 and 2006 F1 World Champion Fernando Alonso explained:
"...You come into the corner downhill, have a sudden change [of direction] at the bottom and then go very steep uphill. From the cockpit, you cannot see the exit and as you come over the crest, you don't know where you will land. It is a crucial corner for the timed lap, and also in the race, because you have a long uphill straight afterwards where you can lose a lot of time if you make a mistake. But it is also an important corner for the driver's feeling. It makes a special impression every lap, because you also have a compression in your body as you go through the bottom of the corner. It is very strange – but good fun as well."

A great read about the infamous Spa....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circui...-Francorchamps

Regards
Racerbruce

Last edited by racerbruce; 08-08-2021 at 06:37 PM..
yco5722.50
atopa2002202.50
minn1913970.00
EdM53854.50