View Single Post
      01-11-2018, 09:26 AM   #21
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
5 inch frame height on that reverse logic is huge. You have to go on boards or ramps to use it. But if you go on boards, you can use a $59 Harbor Freight 1.5 tin aluminum jack or pretty much whatever jack you want.
Look more closely. The jack has a 3" saddle height which is the point that needs to get under the car to lift it. I actually remove the rubber pad shown in the picture below to get under my jack point without ramps. I'm not aware of a jack with a lower saddle height. Further, no matter what jack I use (I have had others), I need the race ramps if I want to get to the center jack point. My car has about 3.5" of ground clearance. Please let me know if there is a floor jack in existence that is 3" tall across its whole length. Further - check out the pic below comparing the Compac to a Craftsman jack. I think a frame height of 5" is lower than the Craftsman and most other floor jacks. Lastly, I agree that with ramps you can use almost any jack to lift at the center jack point. In fact, I think I was able to use the craftsman jack in the pic below to lift my car. However, the Compac's extra length allows me to get under the car and still use the entire lever range. Plus it's a lot more sturdy and higher quality. Some might not care about that.

'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 01-11-2018 at 09:40 AM..
Appreciate 0