Rep

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
No offense OP but it sounds like you have a lot of research to do. You don't even know the differences between the basic 911 variants but you seem to know that you want a Porsche (which is a good start). A few hours of simple internet research, including the Porsche website, will tell you all you need to know. There are many distinctions between the variants and the Porsche option is extensive to say the least. You will be better off taking the time to brush up on some basics and then asking the Porsche community a more direct question.
No I definitely agree. I know Porsche's driving experience is 2nd to none based on what I always read and see. I want to try it for myself because I'm intrigued but I'm not rushing into anything. I'm doing extensive research on my on and I learned the differences thanks to everyone here and the research I've done. Only issue I still have is figuring out the bargaining power I'd have on 911s. This forum makes it easy for M cars, but I couldn't find anything similar for Porsche. I know GT2/3 etc are selling above MSRP, but I'm wondering about the GTS's and below.
Good luck with your search! I think 5-7% off msrp is prob the norm for a base, s, or gts model. Not sure of your budget but there are considerable price differences between the variants, options not withstanding. There might even be some better deals now on a 991.2 since the 992s will start rolling in shortly.
Thank you! Ok perfect. At least I have a idea of what a reasonable discount would be on these trims. I'm holding off for the 992 to drop soon to see if I would like it better or I could get even better deals on 991.2s just like you said.

Budget is 130k roughly, but don't want anything older than 2017 (unless it's a great deal on a turbo) or 10k miles.

I'm not in any rush. I have the M3CS to hold me off.