cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBuggy View Post
Thanks for the responses, I get what you're saying about the grey world. Have really noticed that as of late. I am planning on having both eyes done. Just a bit nervous about the whole surgery thing, not so sure about the whole "your basically awake during the procedure". Been through other surgeries/procedures, but this one will have me weirded out.

Not sure about the multifocal lenses though. I haven't done much research or heard much in regards to that particular procedure. I do understand that the lenses are expensive and may not be covered by the insurance or in my case Medicare.

Not to concerned about continuing to wear glasses, pretty comfortable with them. Actually just got a new pair of John Lennon frames that I really like and still have a previous pair of JL frames that I do want to get transition lenses in both pairs.

Thanks again
OK - First, the being awake thing is OK. Although they explain everything to you prior to the procedure, I have this talent for working myself into a tizzy when I don't know what to expect. So I was a bit anxious going in for the first eye. You don't feel a thing, they give you a mild sedative in addition to the numbing stuff. I can give you a blow by blow of what to expect if you'd like. It is weird when they do the procedure, you see this psychedelic light show. I came out of the first one with a major headache but I was fine after they did the second eye.

As far as the lenses go, the multifocals correct both distance and close sight in the same lens. There is another option that has the distance correction in one eye and the close in the other and then there is the option without vision correction.