View Single Post
      08-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #9
ritzzzzzwik
Captain
Rep
Drives: SO M4 MT

It would be nice if some more can chime in with the Air Bag recall. I see the car got its notice, but it does not show if it was ever done. Also all records are good till about 50-55K miles then all of a sudden no records till 70K when it was sold. Also, happens to be owned by a doctor, or so I am told. Wonder why its always a doctor?! I suppose thats just something dealers like to tell people.

FYI- I am aware of some of the issues the car has eg- rod bearing, throttle actuators. And I am not really scared of high milage cars. I mean my N54 has 128K miles on it, and it looks and drives better than 90 percent of the cars out there. Dare I say it - better than some M3 I've test driven at the local dealerships. BUT its always got something that needs work. The engine is solid, but almost every other component around it has been replaced - eg: the radiator was replaced last month.

Thing is, I am not really afraid to spend a couple K to take care of items, that may happen once 100K, but its the constant niggles/problems with different components that bother me. I just want a fun practical car, that can handle a handful of track days/autocross event each year. The 335 does it, but with the amount I've spent on it, I could park another n54 next to it. Hope you get my drift.

This one looks probably the most well kept of all I have looked at (been looking for a 4 months). But the gap in service history, and air bag recall seem a bit iffy
2007 335i E92 MT | MFactory LSD | Diff Brace | MHD/Wedge Tuned| BL Coils | Stg2 lpfp BoostConcepts | VRSF DPs | VRSF 7" HD FMIC | DCI | VRSF CP | BMW SSK | Billstein PSS Coilovers | M3 Control Arms | Whiteline Rear SF Inserts | SS brake lines | Z4 35is Rotors | Hawk 5.0 pads | M219s + PSS | PE Mod -SOLD
2016 M4 F82 MT
Appreciate 1