View Single Post
      04-30-2023, 07:59 PM   #12
simontibbett
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86 View Post
I meant the heater core is a weak point in a race car in general, more cooling lines, more gaskets, more plastic... e90's are no worse and no better than any other BMW AFAIK. My daily has 16 years and 360k on the original.

I'm a carbotech guy for brake pads, but there is a lot of great stuff out there.

Benefit of carbotechs for enduro is they are very gentle on the rotors. There won't be any problem running a single set of rotors for 12+h, which is one less thing to think about changing on the fly.

Every pair of rotors I consume get scrapped for TMF cracking doing TT, never for thickness. Enduro one would be moderating brake use to limit fatigue, and the rotors would probably go 24h.
Oh gotcha!

Yeah I’m expecting to have to change pads in a 14 hour we are doing. When we use to run an NC MX-5 Cup car in that race it would be metal on metal by the end with similar pads and less weight. We’ll see though. No matter which set we go with I’ll have a set of bedded in rotors/pads ready to swap over. Ideally though as you say if we find something that lasts then it’s less to think about. Or remind my teammates we don’t need to be destroying the brake pedal in every brake zone. Lol
Appreciate 0