View Single Post
      06-09-2022, 11:49 AM   #220
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Tbh I was hesitant as I have never had a Lotus before. I talked to people I know that have owned Lotuses and they eased my mind: mainly because the Toyota engine and transmission. Geely'a investment was also put towards upping the quality. So I was willing to roll the dice on it. Now that I have missed the first edition boat, I am actually glad to be in a second year production. I agree with you that their final edition will be everything it should be, but not sure if I can wait another 3-4 years. haha
I don't see the Emira as benefitting anything from Geely other than money, the engineering is still Lotus, and still lacking. Many Evora owners from the first few years were quite unhappy because of so many little things that went wrong with the car. The car didn't leave them on the side of the road, but it certainly hurts the experience.

I'm a huge Lotus fan, I just think it takes them a while to catch their stride. I also think they have lost their way, making bigger, heavier cars, but that's Geely talking. Money talks, cars with dealership birthdays walk.