Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I placed a deposit on an Emira about 9 months ago. Was impatiently waiting for these reviews/first drives. All the reviews have been mixed and left me on the fence.
Forgive me, but it's a bit risky to even buy a first-production-year Toyota or Honda, what were you thinking placing a deposit on this car?

Give this car 5 years and it'll be all it should have been from the beginning. You'll see massive refinements, very little price increase (creating more of a gap between it and the Porsche), and increase availability.
Tbh I was hesitant as I have never had a Lotus before. I talked to people I know that have owned Lotuses and they eased my mind: mainly because the Toyota engine and transmission. Geely'a investment was also put towards upping the quality. So I was willing to roll the dice on it. Now that I have missed the first edition boat, I am actually glad to be in a second year production. I agree with you that their final edition will be everything it should be, but not sure if I can wait another 3-4 years. haha