View Single Post
      07-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #60
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
As someone with a deposit down in the hopes of an allocation on a 4.0 GTS, this intially had me a little confused

then I thought more about it: normally aspirated flat six vs supercharged camry engine (wouldn't even consider the 4), porsche reliability vs lotus unpredictability, one of the best manuals in the biz vs an ok one, porsche resale value vs lotus depreciation

This thing is a looker, so a no brainer for someone looking to flex but don't think it's overall a better buy than a 4.0 GTS...
Hmm, some parts I agree with, some parts I don't.

The only Lotus I've ever driven is a late model Evora. I went into the test drive thinking the suspension is going to be the only thing worthwhile in that car, but was quite blown away by how soulful that engine is. The supercharger whine and exhaust were VERY in your face, I loved it. Unfortunately, the shifting definitely was not as good as I hoped it would be.

I know it's not potentially 1 to 1, but if somehow in the US it's priced to rival the Cayman S, I think it's a no brainer which way I'd go.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT