08-21-2020, 08:12 AM   #9
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 M2c 2019 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
That sucks that this happened to you, there are certainly asshole cops out there, just like there are asshole people. I have been a fortunate one to only encounter good cops, but perhaps because I also treat them with respect (not saying you didnt).

Anyway, there appear to be enough technicalities in this whole event (missing info on ticket, he guessed your speed, bad attitude, etc.) that your tickets will get thrown out in court. Now, I've done the DC drive to NYC in my sleep many times, and I'm guessing you were by EWR at this point, so going back to make a court appearance sucks. But, if you have time, go to court and plead not guilty and explain your event to the judge. I would do it simply because you have a reckless driving ticket which will kill your insurance, and add points. You also need to ensure that the cop hears of his behavior in front of a judge.
I've gone to court for two big tickets, and each time I've gotten off (once even saying I was guilty and I was sorry). It's worth it. Have your story straight, be courteous, maintain a professional demeanor and your'll be fine. The cop may not even show.
Good luck!
I think that’s what I’ll do. It’s not so bad I have clients and family in NJ I’ll make a nice day of it. I really think I’ll need the guys cam though. Because my word likely won’t mean much next to his.

I was very courteous as I always am. Yes sir, no sir and promptly provided everything. But you just can’t get a break from a guy like this, In fact I think my gracious attitude pissed him off more in the beginning. Because when he came back he didn’t want a single word.